We all know how good and exciting it feels to ride a horse. But at the same time, the rider and the horse need to lay emphasis on their safety. More so, before starting to ride your horse, it’s a must to have the necessary tools to be safer.
Just like every other horse riding style requires a saddle, it’s equally essential to have a bridle and reins as well. There are several options for Bridles & Reins that you can purchase depending on your riding style.
Here we will inform you basic information about bridles and reins. In addition, they can be of any use and how you can purchase them online. Needless to say, you can always refer to our website (horsessaddle.com) if you are looking to buy bridles & reins online.
How to choose the suitable Bridle & Reins?
Although horse bridles and reins are different parts of horse tack, they connect together in order to work. That’s why choosing a horse bridle is essential, along with buying reins so they can be settled well.
As you buy a bridle, it gets placed upon the horse’s head and fits well for proper working. Likewise, you have to attach one end of the reins to the bit that’s already fitted into the bridle. Thus, all of these functions together and helps the rider directly communicate with the horse.
In simple terms, to choose a suitable bridle, you have to be sure about your riding discipline. If you are trying to find something that fits all, then it’s necessary to read the guidelines first.
Types & Designs of Bridle
The most popular approach to finding the right bridle is looking through different options. Further, you can confirm with the riding discipline and select the most suitable bridle.
- Snaffle Bridle:It is the most common type of bridle for the English riding style. The bridle features include one bit and one set of reins. More so, you can use it with single-rein bits, gag bits or curb bits.
- Double Bridle:By the name, you can understand that it comes in pairs. A double bridle is also known as Weymouth bridle for its obvious reasons.
- Hackamore Bridle:In this type of bridle, you won’t be using any bit that goes inside the horse’s mouth. Likewise, it has some mechanical features that allow the rider to use the bride with full functioning.
- Fox Hunting Bridle:While there are so many other bridles, people who are into hunting can definitely go for the fox hunting bridle. Its features include – two sets of reins, one snaffle action and a curb bit.
- Figure 8 Bridle:The name of this bridle indicates the different noseband that comes in a crossed position. More so, it is a favourable bridle for jumping and eventing horses.
Parts of Bridle, Bit & Reins
Bridle: A bridle is the whole piece of equipment that sits on the horse’s face. It is an essential tool that consists of so many different parts that combine together for proper functioning. They include – the headpiece, browband, throatlatch, cheekpieces, and noseband. Likewise, a bridle is the direct communication medium between the horse and the rider.
Bit: Though a bit attaches to the bridle yet, it’s not a part of the tool. Usually, a bit is a metal piece that goes inside the horse’s mouth. It has two rings at the end that sits at the outer corner of the horse’s mouth. Moreover, so many types of bit are available in the market, and you may select as per your choice.
Reins: The reins are a separate part that attaches to the bit of the bridle at one end. Likewise, the other end of the rein stays in the hands of the rider, and that’s how you control the horse. In short, all these parts are assembled in order to allow the rider and horse to communicate effectively during horse riding.
Personalized Fit & Style
Although there are different styles of bridles and reins available, you must choose the one used for your riding style. Also, it depends upon the horse that you have because, ultimately, the bridle must fit on the horse.
While some horses require traditional format bridle to function effectively, others work more profoundly with a bitless bridle. Once you know the amount of control you require over the horse, you can choose a bridle at your convenience.
As you must know, every bridle does not come in a proper shape or a measurable form. You can change or customize them accordingly, so they do not give an improper look after fitting. Henceforth, choose a bridle that fits well and does not cause discomfort.