When you want to enjoy the warm sunlight and cool breeze under the shade, pergolas can be the best option for you. They can be used for enjoying the brightest afternoon with your guests. Let us discuss some important expert tips for selecting a pergola.
Determine the Size
Before determining the size of the Pergola, you should be aware of the size of your garden and the number of people you want to fit in. Here are some quick deciding factors
- Are you leaving some space around the flowers and plants?
- Do you want your pergola to be more private or do you want to chat with your neighbors?
- You should measure the space on which you are planning for a pergola
Even when you are sitting at a table for a rest, you can measure all your patio furniture in a straight line. This will give you the entire space for creating the pergola where your guests can comfortably spend time. The uniquedeck.com can clear all your confusion by giving you ideas of the right pergola for your space.
Right Material for Pergola
When you are designing a Pergola, you should select the appropriate material for your property.
- Wood- Beautiful pergolas made from wood can enhance the look and feel of your garden. But as the wood is exposed to tough weather conditions, you should take proper care with a high level of regular maintenance. If the wooden structure is heavy, it must be embedded into the soil with a concrete foundation.
- Aluminum- If you are staying in a rain-prone area, aluminum can be the right choice as they are corrosion-resistant and lightweight.
- Wrought Iron- If you want a nostalgic feel with an elegant touch, try this robust material. They are durable but you need to maintain them with rust-proof paint for their longevity.
- Steel- You can obtain a modern and sleek look with this lightweight option of material. Ensure that they are coated with powder and humidity is restricted through the scratches.
- Bamboo- Though this is a rare material, your existing garden style can be complemented with a pergola made of bamboo.
Right Installation of Pergola
You should select the right type of installation depending on the space you have in your garden and the kind of environment you are trying to create.
- Wall-mounted- If you have limited space and want to create a patio style, you should go forward with a wall-mounted pergola.
- Anchored- For promoting durability and stability, anchored installation can be made out of wood.
- Free-standing- If you possess a large garden, free-standing options of pergola can be the best choice. You can dedicate a separate area for the pergola within the large section of your garden.
To beautify your garden and give it a cozy feeling, pergolas can be installed. You should be aware of the size and the materials you are using for making the pergola. Make sure that the pergola is well-maintained according to the weather conditions of your area. To prevent rust and corrosion, rust-proof paint should also be applied for increasing durability.