NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) UG is one of India’s most challenging medical entrance tests. It is a qualifying test for MBBS and BDS conducted by the NTA (National Test Agency). Before the NTA, an independent evaluation organization, the assessment was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The survey, which offers 90,000 seats at MBBS and BDS Colleges of India, is held in May.
Building an umbrella or a single entrance test for all medical seekers in India. Until now, admission to the seats was made through national entrance exams. There have been more than 25 medical admission tests in India for admission to various Government and Pvt. Medical Colleges. On average, the student has undergone 7-9 entrance exams, thus causing unnecessary stress for them and their parents. In addition, providing so many tests creates a substantial financial burden on parents as each test involves costs such as Application Fees and commuting to work in various cities.
NEET will therefore avoid unnecessary waste of time, effort, and money. In addition, many tests also challenge syllabus preparation and different patterns for students. It increases the pressure among the students. Using NCERT Book is a great way to strengthen your basic foundation and for that, you can NCERT Solutions for classes 11 and 12 as well.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||Undergraduate (UG) Exam at National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Registrations||16.14 lakh (2021)|
|Exam Mode||Offline or Paper Pencil Based Test (PBT)|
|Courses Offered Through NEET||MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BVSC & AH|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,600 (General)
INR 1,500 (OBC)
INR 900 (Reserved category candidates)
INR 8,500 (Foreign nationals)
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Number of Subjects and Total Marks||Physics (180 marks)
Chemistry (180 marks)
Biology (360 marks)
Total Marks – 720
|Total Questions||200 (180 to be attempted)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Number of Exam Cities||543 (India)
|Language/Medium of Paper||13 Languages – English, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Odiya, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Telugu|
|Total Number of Seats||MBBS – 90,825
BDS – 27,948
BAMS – 52,720
BVSc & AH – 630
|NEET Helpline Numbers||011-40759000|
|NEET Official Website||neet.nta.nic.in|
- NEET is compulsory for Indian / Overseas students to be admitted to the Medical University of India.
- Age Limit: Average – 17 to 25 years (31st or before December of the same year) SC / ST / OBC / PWD – 17 to 30 years
- All India Quota seats:
Foreign nationals and citizens Overseas India (OCI).
Individual Indigenous Person (PIO) reserve the right to book less than 15% of All India Quota seats.
- J&K candidates do not qualify for 15% of all India Quota seats.
- Eligibility: A candidate to appear on or appear on the 12th can apply for a NEET. Their acceptance is confirmed only after you cancel 12 tests.
- Cleared B.Sc. in any two Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) / Biotechnology from the University of India.
- A graduate of the first year of a three-year University degree from PCB
- Attempt Number – Candidates can try NEET as many times as they wish until they reach the age.
- There are some changes to NEET 2022 listed below:
- NEET duration increased by 20 minutes. Instead of three hours, the current test will take three hours and 20 minutes.
- Application fees for all candidate categories increased by INR 100.
- The registration process cannot be done in two stages.
- The tie-breaking formula has been updated, and six additional features have been added to the three available items.
- The number of surveyed cities has increased to 543 in India and 14 abroad.
NEET Preparation with Physics Wallah
Physics Wallah prepares all their students for India’s challenging competitive exams like JEE Mains, Advance, NEET, etc., and provides excellent results with their skills and hard work in understanding the students’ needs, wants, and strengths. Last year, when a pandemic hit our country, Physics Wallah launched an app: ‘Physics Wallah,’ for everyone so that nothing important was left behind in their studies. From the beginning, Physics wallah’s content has been one of the most popular weapons in student testing. They develop students’ skills and help them reach their goals.
Physics Wallah offers several courses for students to help them complete their goals. For example, ‘Lakshaya,’ ‘Crash Course 2.0’, ‘Arjuna Course,’ ‘Yakeen 2.0’, ‘Raftaar,’ etc. They cover all the subjects and help you to understand the concept easily. To strengthen your basic foundation, they’ve also included NCERT Solutions for classes 11 and 12 so that you can clear your concepts quickly.
NEET Mock Test
The NTA usually issues the NEET Mock Test to help those who want to test. Mock tests can be taken online, although actual tests are done offline or in a pencil-based way. Students can take mock offline tests of tests conducted by training institutions to test their preparation. After taking the mock test, it is necessary to analyze it to understand the strengths and weaknesses and improve their performance by changing the preparation strategy accordingly. Mock tests are for different levels of difficulty.
The difficulty of the questions in these mock tests ranges from very simple to very difficult. Students who solve mock tests learn to solve various queries and thus prepare for the test day. You can also refer to the NEET Previous Year Question Paper for your reference.