In recent years, solar power has gained renewed importance across the globe, as it is free, powerful, safe for the environment, and available around the year, no matter where you live. This has resulted in many people opting for solar power as an alternative electricity source by installing solar panels. But if you’re still contemplating whether to install solar panels in your home, you’re at the right place. We will tell you everything you should know about solar panels, including their many benefits.
First, let’s understand how solar panels work:
In simple terms, solar panels generate power by harnessing the sun’s energy, which is done through the photovoltaic (PV) process. This means that the PV cells present in the panels absorb the sun’s energy to produce electricity, which can then be used to run electrical appliances. However, you do require other components like a solar inverter, a battery, cables, connectors, and more for the solar power plant to function.
Solar heating systems are generally used to heat liquid materials like water, milk, blood in blood infuser systems, agriculture applications like crop drying, and many more. This system employs a specially made surface like that of a mirror which is primarily dark in color and then absorbs heat through the induction process. The liquid is then stored in some tanks or apparatus or used depending on their application. In some cases, an automatic transfer switch (ATS) may be used to ensure that the system continues to operate even if the primary power source fails.
Furthermore, solar panels are available in the following two types:
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels: These panels are made using multiple fragments of a silicon crystal, which are then combined. Polycrystalline panels have a blue appearance and are largely affordable, making them a popular choice among the Indian population. Plus, they are ideal for Indian climate conditions.
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels: These panels are cut out from a single block of silicon crystal, which gives them a black-coloured appearance. Monocrystalline panels are transparent and smooth in texture, plus they don’t require too much space for installation. However, since the technology used in these PV panels is highly efficient, monocrystalline panels are somewhat expensive.
- Mono PERC Half-cut Panels: Mono PERC half-cut cell panels, as the name suggests, have solar cells that have been cut in half. These half-cut cells provide several benefits over traditional best solar energy systems. Most notably, they improve the performance, efficiency and durability. When the current of solar cells is half, resistive losses are reduced, and the solar cells can produce more power.
Now that you know the basics of solar panels, let’s look at a few of their many notable benefits:
- Increased Monetary Savings: One of the most important benefits of solar panels is that they increase your monetary savings. This is because you can drastically reduce your electricity bills by relying on solar energy for your power needs. Plus, there are zero energy-production costs involved, and you only have to make an initial investment to install the solar PV system.
- Safe for the Environment: While we are all familiar with the environmental benefits of solar panels, it is still worth mentioning. Not only is solar energy free of harmful emissions, but it also helps reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. Even better, solar power does not pose any pollution risks, and it is available in abundance.
- Low Maintenance Needs: Another key advantage of installing solar panels is that they require low maintenance compared to other clean energy sources. All you need to do is clean the panels once every week to keep away dust and debris – as they can disrupt the power production process. Additionally, when it comes to repairs, there are not any significant expenses involved.
- Easy and Hassle-Free Installation: Many people believe that solar panels require huge spaces for installation, but that is not quite true. Instead, you can easily install solar PV panels on your rooftop, no matter how big or small. Moreover, the installation process is quick and hassle-free, provided you choose a reputable and reliable installation service provider.
- Governmental Support: The Indian government has always promoted clean energy sources, especially solar power. But that’s not all, as it also provides several tax benefits, schemes, and subsidies that can be availed by anyone who installs solar panels. However, you should know that these vary from one state to another, so it is best to understand the process beforehand.
So, that covers everything you need to know about solar panels and their benefits. However, if you’re planning to go for solar panel installation, make sure you opt for well-known brands like Luminous. They have a wide category of solar panels, which are not only of high quality but also affordable, so visit their website today!