Exploring exotic countries is probably one of the most exciting things to do during holidays, can relate? Say no more. Capital of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi is a beautiful, productive city with a nice beachside location, and given the current ease of restrictions linked to covid-19, it is definitely a destination worth visiting.
This pleasant city has a lot to offer, from diving into the culture at art expositions, to tasting traditional dishes or having a tour through the theme parks, everyone can find plenty of adventures and entertaining activities to do. Take into consideration that nearly all places will require you to have green status on the Al Hosn app, which is managed by the UAE government and tracks your vaccination and test status. For a more satisfying stay at this prominent Emirate, we recommend you without doubt to arrange an Abu Dhabi full-day guided tour. However, here you can find a useful guide with practical information about the best activities offered at Abu Dhabi.
1. Observation Deck At 300: Well known for being the city’s highest building, with a height of more than 282 meters, if you enjoy majestic views, this is a must.
- The Corniche: This place is perfect to enjoy the sunshine, with 2 kilometers of beach and settings ready to welcome both small and large groups of people, so it’s recommended for everyone. Besides the amazing landscape, there are many children’s playgrounds and sports facilities which you can access for free.
- Al Forsan: this is your fit if you are an adventurous sports lover, this resort has a wide variety of exciting activities, including go-karting, wakeboarding, horse riding, outdoor paintball shooting, archery among many others, offering entertainment for all ages.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: Constructed between 1996 and 2007, this religious place is by far the most popular of Abu Dhabi’s sights, having an impressive white and gold facade. The best news is that it can be visited by non-Mulsim tourists, which is an uncommon thing, so you can get to know the city’s religious character and what is even better, without charge.
- Coya Abu Dhabi: This is the perfect place for a fun night out, there you will enjoy live entertainment while enjoying a delicious Latin-American dinner. In the late night you can expect a great time with the DJs and a colorful environment at the fabulous bar.
- Emirates Palace: Another iconic spot that you can admire for free is this distinguished resort. While prominent people reserve luxury suites, you can as well just experience the joy of a traditional Turkish bath or a skin treatment at this place, which is amazing inside out.
- Abu Dhabi Desert Tours: If you are all about outdoors, this activity will satisfy your thirst for adventure, offering many desert excursions, ranging from traditional camel trek to some wild rides in the dunes, and much more.
- Jebel Hafeet: This is the tallest mountain in Abu Dhabi and holds the second place in the country. Many tourists suggest visiting this place in the late afternoon to enjoy the sunset.
- Al Jahili Fort: Built in the late 1800s, with a traditional design from the Arabian architecture, this impressive fort is also open to everyone at no charge.
- Marina Mall: The UAE is known for its malls, and this is one of the most populars among shoppers. This huge place will beat your expectatives when it comes to shopping and entertainment, from stores, to an amazing movie theater, an amusement center and much more.