A room and the house can be completely refreshed and made into something stunningly aesthetic with a fresh coat of paint. The improvement and rejuvenation that you will see not only in the shade and ambiance of the room but also in the overall moods of the people of the house would simply leave you excited. Painting can be a fun task to begin. The enthusiasm with which you explore different ideas, the vigor and vibrance of new colours, the smell of the fresh paint, and the beautiful look of the house are motivators enough to lead you to embark on this journey.
Your painting project needs to give beautiful results that would last long. Here are some key points that will help you enjoy the process and get a great result along with durability.
- Start with the basics – Planning the basics well, like an estimate of the types of raw materials you might need, the blueprint of the plan, the supplies, how much paint you may need, and other aspects like wall putty that need to be chalked out to avoid confusion. These may depend on the number of rooms or walls that you are looking to paint.
- Keep a day for preparation – Do not try to accommodate everything in one day. Keep separate days for different tasks to be able to plan better. Make sure to keep buffer days as well. Use a day to prepare the room or the house for the paint. This would include fixing the cracks and holes, using the painter’s tape around the doors and windows, covering light fixtures, covering larger pieces of furniture, etc.
- Budget – Unless you sit down and keep an estimated idea of how much you want to spend on this task, you are likely to go overboard. Plan your budget flexibly but realistically. Cut down on unnecessary costs but do not skimp on the quality of the products. These days, you can get close to achieving your target budget with the help of online tools like a paint calculator.
- Problematic walls – It is best to not paint over problematic walls. These could be walls that have cracks, holes, damage due to water, etc. Use expert guidance to help you navigate your way through such walls so that the paint job that you end up doing would last. Painting over troublesome walls like these can create more issues and the need to probably re-do the work.
- Weather – The environmental conditions that you choose to paint in would be important. Choose dry weather to embark on this journey. Humidity would mean more dripping and slower drying of the walls. Drier weather conditions would be best for a job like this as it makes the process faster and easier to complete, also cutting down on the costs.
- Remove the hardware – The best painting results involve a lot more than simply the painting work. If you do a good job painting but have to spend a lot of time and money cleaning and replacing the other parts of the house that got dirty, it might only add to the frustration. Remove all handles, doorknobs, electrical appliances, etc that can be taken off and then placed back in.
- Top to bottom – Once the wall preps are done and you have used the primer after filling all the cracks and holes, you should use the roller to apply paint from the ceiling and move downwards. You can paint right over your mistakes as you work your way down. Leave the areas that are drying alone as going over them many times would leave marks on the surface.
Get the best painting job results as you follow these tips and tricks for a long-lasting, stunning, and beautiful project. Make the process of painting fun and easy.