There are a lot of tools and software you can use with your computer to create the best digital artwork. Most times, these tools and software cost money to get. Interestingly, using a computer to draw or paint has more advantages.
This is because it is faster, cost-effective, and saves more time than drawing with a pen and paper. In this article, you are going to know the various ways you can use a computer to create digital art.
3 Ways you Can Create a Digital Drawing With a Computer
As a beginner in digital drawing, it is okay to wonder if you can draw with your computer. A computer is one of such digital devices that allows you to draw, paint and play around with photographs. Interestingly, a lot of digital artists have created masterpieces using a computer.
Not to mention, there are many ways you can use your computer to create digital art. However, the more professional you want your digital art to look, the more you invest in the best tools and software. Below are the three ways you can make digital art with a computer.
1. Sketch it on Paper and Scan
This method of drawing using a computer involves sketching on paper and scanning. Want to do that? Follow the easy steps discussed below.
- Step 1: Using paper and pencil, sketch what you want to draw. At this stage, you don’t need to get anything right, so don’t add too many details.
- Step 2: After you have made the sketch, place it face down on a scanner and begin to scan it. Immediately after the scan is completed, you should name the file and save it. PNG or JPEG.
- Step 3: Now that there is a sketch of your drawing on your computer, the next step is to outline and color it. After you have finished the drawing, you can save the file by clicking on it and selecting “Save As” to save it as PNG or JPEG.
2. Use a Drawing Tablet
Drawing tablets are tools that allow you to create digital arts on your computer or PC. To use them, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Connect the graphics tablet to your computer through the USB port.
- Step 2: Use the pen attached to the graphics tablet to begin a sketch of your drawing.
- Step 3: Whatever you sketch on the graphics tablet will be displayed on the monitor of your computer. Instead of focusing on the monitor, look at your hand.
- Step 4: Adjust the pressure and volume of the pen-based on how thick you want the lines to be.
- Step 5: Shade and color the sketch.
- Step 6. After drawing, save the file as PNG or JPG
3. Use Illustration Softwares
There is a lot of software that allows you to create digital arts on your computer. See how to install and use the illustration software below:
- Step 1: Install an illustration software of your choice into your computer. Because most specialized software is expensive, lookout for free versions best for beginners.
- Step 2: Open the software and become acquainted with the toolbar.
- Step 3: Create a sketch of the drawing directly on the software.
- Step 4: To shade, color, outline, or undo the sketch, go to the toolbar of the software.
- Step 5: After drawing, save the file like JPEG or PNG
Why Using Drawing Tablets to Create Digital Art is Better
Below are the reasons why a drawing tablet is the best tool for creating digital art.
- Drawing tablets are fast.
- They allow you to draw complicated shapes easily.
- You can choose the thickness of your lines.
- They can be connected easily to your computer using the USB port.
- You can find them in different shapes and sizes.
By following any of the methods discussed in this article, you can create your digital drawing using a computer. However, you should ensure your computer has enough memory space. This is because digital drawing using a computer requires a lot of space that your computer may not possess. Finally, on this website, you will be able to find some more informations about drawing tablets.